2. Propers of Religious Families
128. In the preparation the translation of texts approved by the Apostolic See as textus typici for religious families, that is, Institutes of Consecrated Life or Societies of Apostolic Life, or other approved associations or organizations having the rights to their use, the following are to be observed:
- The translation is to be made by the general liturgical Commission or by another body constituted for the purpose by the Supreme Moderator or at least by his mandate given to the Provincial Superior, and then it is to be approved by the Supreme Moderator with the deliberative vote of his Council, after any necessary consultation with experts and with appropriate members of the Institute or Society;
- The translation is to be sent to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments for the recognitio, together with three copies of the textus typicus;
- A relatio is also to be prepared, which is to contain:
- the decree by which the textus typicus has been approved by the Apostolic See,
- the process and criteria followed in the translation,
- a list of the persons who have participated at various stages of the work, together with a brief description of their experience or abilities, and of their academic degrees;
- In the case of the less widely diffused languages, the Conference of Bishops should testify that the text is accurately translated into the language in question, as mentioned above, in n. 86.
- As regards religious families of diocesan right, the same procedure is to be followed, but in addition, the text is to be sent by the diocesan Bishop, together with his judgment of approbation, to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.
129. In the liturgical Propers of religious families, the translation of the Sacred Scriptures to be employed for liturgical use is to be the same one approved for liturgical use according to the norm of law for the same territory. If this proves difficult, the matter is to be referred to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.
130. In the printed text are to be contained the decrees by means of which the recognitio of the Holy See is granted for the translations, or at least a mention is to be made of the recognitio, including the date, the month, the year, and the protocol number of the decree published by the Dicastery, in keeping with the same norms as above, in n. 68. Two copies of the printed text are to be sent to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.